So at the beginning of the year, I set myself a challenge to read fifty books before by January 1st 2013. I won’t lie, I’m not doing very well. Through a fusion of college, exams, laziness and an addiction to a certain HBO TV series, I’ve only managed to read thirteen.
1. The Infernal City – Greg Keyes
2. The Strange Case of Jekyll and Hyde (And Other Tales of Terror) – Robert Louis Stevenson
3. Twenty Thousand Leages Under The Sea – Jules Verne
4. The Graveyard Book – Neil Gaiman
5. The Writer’s Digest Handbook of Novel Writing – Various Authors
6. Revelation – CJ Sansom
7. A Game of Thrones – George R.R. Martin
8. Dissolution – CJ Sansom
9. A Clash of Kings – George R.R. Martin
10. A Storm of Swords, Part I: Steel and Snow – George R.R. Martin
11. A Storm of Swords, Part II: Blood and Gold – George R.R. Martin
12. A Feast for Crows – George R.R. Martin
13. Weirdo. Mosher. Freak – Catherine Smyth
I chose a few different genres to read, in the list you’ll find science-fiction, non-fiction, historical… but most of the books I own are fantasy. I can also put down my lack of powering through books due to the fact that the books by George R.R. Martin are MAMMOTHS. Literally pages and pages and pages long. When I remember that, I don’t feel too guilty for only having read thirteen when I really should be on at least twenty-five by now.
I’m going to keep reading and see where I get to by the end of the year. I doubt I’ll get to fifty, but it will have been a nice challenge anyway!